For the Do-it-yourself ice painters putting together your own ice painting system, start with this complete mixing tank. Comes compete with the mixing tank, a 5.5 HP pump with motor, a mixer, spray boom and the necessary attachments.
Note: components can be purchased separately. Hose and hose reel sold separate.
Ice Painting Tips:
- Build your ice over concrete or sand to 1/8th – ¼” thick
- Keep the floor between 16-18 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wear clean non marking shoes. If you have to leave the ice during the painting process we suggest you keep a clean rug available to wipe your shoes
- Off the ice surface and close to a water source, mix in your powder paint in the mixing tank according to the directions on the bag
- Wearing a dust mask is suggested
- Enlist 2 or 3 helpers for hose management and paint mixing
- Walk with boom at a consistent speed overlapping slightly with each pass of spray
- When finished, seal the paint with a coat or two of cold water using your boom. This also cleans out the nozzles on the boom which prepares it for storage